Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jason's Deli

I have eaten at about 4 Jason's Delis in Memphis and have had a great experience at all of them. Last week I didn't have anything to eat for lunch, so I twisted the arm of my coworker, Claire, and made her hit Jason's Deli with me. Claire loves their salad bar. As someone who usually gets stuck eating a salad because there is nothing else gf on the menu, I forgo the salad bar and rejoice that I can eat a sandwich.

As a proud girl of Irish and German roots, I usually go for either a corned beef, pastrami, or Ruben. Be forewarned if you order a sandwich that is usually toasted that their toasters are not GF. Ask them to skip the toasting.

Like most chain restaurants, Jason's has a CYA disclaimer on their menu. In an age where McDonald's can get sued because their coffee is too hot, I can understand why they feel the need to protect themselves. In fact, they have even added a disclaimer sticker to their sandwich box.  (Sorry the pic is sideways, I was having technical issues) 


I braved the legalize and ate my sandwich anyway and it was quite yummy.  They use Udi's bread and it tastes pretty good.  My only issue with it is that it always falls apart when I try and eat it.  Here's a shot of what it looked like.  One thing you can say for Jason's - they don't skimp on the meat.
So if you're looking for a quick and easy place to grab a sandwich, consider stopping at one of the Jason's Deli's in town.  And check out their GF menu here:  Jason's Deli GF Menu

1 comment:

  1. Monday through Friday. Please contact your Local Deli if you need immediate assistance. FEEDBACK SURVEY

    Jason’s Deli Survey

    ReplyDelete