Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Congrats to Hog & Hominy

Hi folks.  I've been off the boards a while because of my last glutening and an absolutely insane work schedule.  I have a few restaurant reviews up my sleeve, just haven't had time to sit down and write them. 

Just wanted to share something I read in this morning's Daily News:

Memphis has some of the best pizza in the U.S. according to Travel + Leisure Magazine.




Staff Memphis Business Journal
The magazine Travel + Leisure has released a list of the top 20 cities to get a slice of pizza and both Memphis and Nashville made the list.
Though Memphis is well-known as a culinary destination, pizza may not be the first signature food that pops to mind. But Travel + Leisure notes that, "Fun-loving Memphis takes a soulful approach to its pizza."  The article places Memphis 14th on its top 20 list siting Hog & Hominy's Red Eye pizza and the pulled pork and coleslaw pizza at Aldo's Pizza Pies.
 
So congrats to Hog & Hominy and Aldo's both.  If you haven't had a chance to visit Hog & Hominy check out my earlier review of their Gluten Free Pizza.

Also, as a Midtowner, I've been watching with excitement as some new restaurants are springing up on Union Avenue.  Panera Bread is opening up at the end of the month.  Unfortunately they don't carry any gluten free bread, but they do make a good salad and I hear some of their GF soups are very good.  Also, Five Guys is currently under construction and looks like it will be open pretty soon.  I've had very good experiences eating GF at the Five Guys on Ridgeway and hope that the Midtown one will be just as good.  They offer a delicious GF burger and their fries are safe to eat too.

I hope to be back on the blog very soon with posts on Mulan, Pei Wei, and Frida's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment